Sunday 14 September 2014

Another day, another bit falling off ...


I would heartily recommend not buying an Acer Aspire 5943G or any laptop which has a similar case. Whomever designed this was a fucking retard. I'll be very surprised if I get through the next twelve months without tracking them down and burning their car.

The DC power cable socket you can see on the side there has some plastic mounts inside which just plain broke off shortly after purchase. This recently got so bad that I had to use epoxy putty to fix the connector in place. The power button itself has always been dodgy and today was the day it decided to just fall into the casing due to the shit plastic faring being massively shit. I guess I should have seen that coming. I've removed the plastic faring, the plastic on/off button and now I have a bare push-to-make micro-switch to use which, frankly, feels more reliable already. Insulating tape to follow.

My laptop is the Psion of some cyperpunk dystopia. Hear me roar.



No comments:

Post a Comment